Do I have admin rights on my computer?
- Click Start and search for “CMD”
- Right-click CMD and select “Run as administrator” you should be prompted Yes/No similar to the below picture. If you see this prompt, you have admin rights on your computer
If you do not see this prompt you likely don’t have admin rights. However, if you’re using equipment or a shared lab account you should still be able to enter your GSU campus ID and password into the user name and password fields.
- Open the application System Preferences
- Click Users & Groups
- In the bottom-left click the Lock icon and enter your user name and password
- If you are able to unlock Users & Groups you have admin rights. If you cannot then you do not have admin rights