What’s my computer’s name?
If you don’t have physical access to confirm your computer’s name but still need to connect to it for remote desktop email Ryan Sleeth with its room number and short description. Otherwise, if you already have physical access to the computer follow this guide.
- Search Start for “About” and select About your PC
- Your PC’s name which you can use remote desktop to connect to is “Full device name”
- Open System Preferences and select Sharing
- Your Mac’s name appears at the top of Sharing preferences
- The address you will want to connect to is your Mac’s name plus “.dyn.gsu.edu”. For example, if your Mac’s name is ni-sle1234-p123 connect to ni-sle1234-p123.dyn.gsu.edu